Stuck in an Elevator

Today, five minutes into my shift I am in the elevator on the way up to start my day. Someone gets off on the third floor and I am alone going up.
But no.
The elevator makes some strange noises, bounces a little bit and I hear nothing. None of the usual noises it makes to move. I am stuck. By myself. In an elevator.
Thinking quick I press the open door and close door buttons, the other floors, anything. Even pressing the one that looks like a bell. Nothing is working. Lucky for me I had my cell phone in my pocket so I call the work number and tell them I am stuck and to tell my supervisor to get me out!!

Well after that I think, maybe I can open the doors! So a shove with adrenaline and they are open. I see the landing a few feet below me and jump down. I am pretty freaked out at the moment and a nurse is waiting for another elevator and sees me pop out and is 'Oh my gosh! Are you okay?!'
At that point I was completely shocked and freaked out from being stuck in an elevator.
First things first I call the boss and say I'm out, second I stand there looking at the elevator I just climbed out of, and third tell the flabergasted nurse I am okay.
Taking the stairs to my floor :) I tried calling the maintenance department but nobody is there. I go past there two hours later and the elevator is still how I left it. Makes me wonder if I could have been stuck in there if I wasn't thinking clearly.

The whole thing was only minutes (I think) but still freaky.
I can't imagine being stuck in there much longer, I'm sure I would have cried or gone into hysterics.

So this my story of the day!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

yes, you are strange for collecting winter coats but hating snow. That is their purpose, to keep you warm in freezing weather, not 15 degree weather. By the way, I did have a slurpee at 10:30pm walking home in 5 degree weather, and I loved it!