Veggie?

So I have been thinking lately, heh why not try out vegetarianism? I always thought I would never be able to do it but I want to actually try.
it's something different and new for a change - something challenging.

I think the only thing I will be missing is chicken and meatloaf (sounds weird but it's a comfort food). No idea how long I'll be able to do it, but I was thinking taking like 2 months to try it out or something.

So I told my mum yesterday and she was all like ' if I see you eating unhealthy I will force feed you' and my dad was in the kitchen and he looked at me with the 'who are you and what have you done with Aria' kinda stare.

So this is day two of my challenge and so far so good.

Anyone have any good recipies?

3 comments:

heidi said...

i'm also beginning to go vegetarian, though for simplicity's sake i still eat chicken and fish. when all else fails, banana and peanut butter sandwich works like a charm! i've also been into trying out lentil soups (very tasty canned as well) and i do a lot of whole wheat pasta with organic tomoato sauces which i add stuff to, like spinach and stuff. try having a huge salad as a meal and throw on some kidney beans or nuts and seeds for protein. its surprising how filling it can be, especially if you have a baked potato on the side. i make a super big salad and put it in a big tupperware bowl in the fridge so it can last a few days instead of going to all the work of chopping stuff up every day. definitely watch your protein intake, though. eat lots of yogurt and also cheese so you don't fade away!

Aria said...

oo thanks Heidi!
have you ever tried quinoa? It's really healthy - kinda like little seeds - and you can mix it with lots of stuff- I have tried it in salads so far and it's pretty good. I like how it gives it texture and more substance.
thanks again for the tips!

Miranda said...

mmm veggies, after I got off the bus i thought about those and bought salad in a bag and 2 big things of veggie fruit juice-- it was on SALE!