Ta keep y'all in da loop






ok here is a pic to grab your attention! hahaha sunrise at byron -- we got up really early, drove a little ways, went to the lighthouse, and saw the sun rise on the most easterly point of Australia. It was so amazing.
I am back from a long week at Byron Bay -- An amazing place. there are no fast food/ chain resturaunts there (not allowed), it's small, yet I think it was 2 million backpackers go through there yearly? It is a hippy town, and there is a lot of hippy stuff going on there too -- like witch craft stuff too. But it is still a really cool place. The YWAM base there was pretty cool, the beach was about a 15-20 min drive away, and the beach was awesome.

front and back of the house :)


It is shallow for a while and then there is a place where it's shallow and big waves hit -- that was intense and so much fun. This time I didn't have my head smucked on the sand for a while, just bashed my knees a whole lot and got sand burn? haha oh well it was still amazing.




The Gals and the Guys.... the guys were "doing eachothers backs" hahaha


One night we did a free "sausage sizzle". It was a place where people could come and eat, hear a little about God, and have some awesome music playing in the background -- ie: from my IPod -- Damien Rice and Coldplay! yay!




Another night we went to basicaly a soup kitchen. We helped serve and clean up and set up a bit. I got to serve and it reminided me of camp! I miss camp!




We also had lectures at a church there the entire week -- this week = Spirutal Warfare and Identity in Christ. It was pretty intense all week, for me it was pretty hard emotionally. It just shows that you really do need to equip that spiritual armour every day. I have been since I learned about it, but before I was just getting knocked down over and over again and it was pretty difficult. By mid week I felt completely drained - physically spiritually, and emotionally.


But then I went for a walk along the beach at night and just prayed and cried out to God. That was pretty intense too. After, I felt a whole lot better, and I know that there was a whole lot of warfare going on around me. (pic of that night's sunset at the beach)




Anywho, the rest of the week was pretty good, I got even closer to some people on my team, and I am so happy to be back home. Yep, I now call this place home - for now at least. I really do love it here :D


We also saw the sunrise at Byron Bay and it was amazing. Here is one pic of a zillion I got from friends (since my camera is dead :'( )

Well yet another intense thing happened again with my friend. Her brother is not responding to chemotherapy anymore and the cancer is inoperable. Right now she is having a pretty hard time so please pray for her, I know that she and her family can use all the prayer they can get right now :)




Well, today has been pretty good, though I think this procrastinating will bite me this week. I have a whole heck of a lot to do now so I will add some pics and be off.


Later guys!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics. Right now I soooo want to go to the beach.
Love mom

Miranda said...

beautiful! Eat some fruits and veggies before mom flys down there and stuffs them down your throat! She worried about you. LOL Love the one of the guys with the suntan lotion.

Anonymous said...

Yikes you have to watch the enemy for he likes to nip at the heels, so be on guard all the time. It is good to see that you are getting a grip on warfare for you will need to know this when you are on outreach no mater where you are. Keep up the good work for you are on the right path where God is working in you and wants to draw you even deeper. Take care

Cherie said...

So there are only 8 people in your dts? that was the same as my dts. great bonding eh:) Intense is definitly a good word to describe dts.
That is sweet God is doing some awesome stuff in your life. When exactly do you get back to canada? this summer??

Aria said...

Well actually there are 10 people in our DTS, and a bunch of leaders. There's a girl and a guy missing from those pictures :P. But it is nice and small and we are building some pretty good relationships and it's awesome!

I get back to Canada on August 5th this summer. Gotta be back for Miranda's wedding! :)

Unknown said...

I love all the pretty pictures.
Yay!
I'd LOVE to go to a beach called "Mooloolaba" because that's the coolest name EVER.
I'm still praying for you... Keep digging deeper! God's going to show you so much! It's so exciting!
I miss you!!!
Blessings.