Easter! (from last week?)


I am actually posting on my blog!
Last weekend was Easter (Happy Easter by the way) and it was busy and wonderful! The family was over - the whole family including Tony and Miranda (+ unpopped baby), my grandma, and two of the cousins came as well. It was a blustery day that day and a very Springish one as well. Stormy one minute and sunny the next.... oh boy! I really do love spring.

Anyways, started off that weekend with Paska making. I have never made it before and it worked out perfectly (the second try..... after finding I had less than half the flour... but that's another story). My grandma is recovering from minor surgery so she wasn't able to make bread this time (which is a tradition for her) so I stepped up and found a good recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook.
(^making paska on Friday morning)
Saturday came with Miranda and Tony (+baby) + decorating eggs in the morning. It was lovely. Coffee sitting beside me as I went haha. Miranda and Mik also went after some sugar cookies with icing. (Miranda made them earlier...and they were delicious mind you.... and now I need that recipe...), and I went after my breads with some icing and 'hunderds and millions' (no Paska is complete without 'hundereds and millions' says my mother).
(^yummy chick cookies (minus the eyes... opps))
(^Paska decorating above + final product)
(^colouring eggs with my sisters + only a few of the finished ones)
(^dun dun dun... the menu of the mega meal)

After that it was time to set the table and have Easter lunch with everyone there and The Food was fantastic. Good job mama!
(^An essence of Easter? hahaha)

So with a huge monster meal in our bellies, the cousins - Matt and Katie, along with Miranda, Mikaela, and myself, we went to the nearby park on a walk. It was a blast! To top it off we were at the farthest end of the park from home and we could see the rain coming in. It was getting very dark and windy, we started back for home. It wasn't long before the winds were gusting and the rain reached us! Pouring and blowing the rain in our faces and soaking us fully. Matt, the chilvrious one, ran all the way to the house and hopped in his truck trying to find us between short cuts. With no avail he ended up home without us. But we had made it - soaked but throughlly happy. The crazy weather added up to a very fun day :)
Can't wait for next year when there is a new one to have fun with as well.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I do love my sugar cookie recipe. I dont remember where I got it from, but I shall post it or email it to you. I am going to try paska today I think. I gotta check my ingredients, I may need an orange from safeway