fun with a 3 year old

Yesterday was a fun day. Mikaela was babysitting at our house, Ethan, age 3 and a half. I haven't babysat anyone his age since Mikaela was that age herself. So needless to say I forgot all about how fun it was. I mean I knew it would be fun having him over - I see him at church running (and only running) up and down and around the church.
We were having dinner and all of a sudden he starts blowing bubbles in his cup. My family just sits there staring with smiles on their faces. Like complete idiots (including myself in this too though). As you can tell it's been a long time for all of us to be around a 3 year old. After he blows bubbles he looks down and says 'what's that in my cup?' haha gross. He also randomly called bad things 'stink bug'...
Ethan is one cute kid - has a great vocabulary, understands a lot considering he's 3 and ah he's just fun.
It will be interesting to see how my family is around an infant come May. I'm stoked :D

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I am sure it will be the same thing.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.