Berlin Dresden Prague!!!

Well I am here - safe and sound (just so you know mom) no problems really in getting here which is nice.
The last place we were at was in Dresden (Eastern Germany)... it was .... interesting... It looked freaky - like run down and graffiti-ed when we got in - mostly people in trench coasts and combat boots roaming around too - but in the day it's lovely.
We met up with a Canadian girl in our hostel and went around the city the next day. Had a nice time exploring - it was beautiful with the old statues, buildings, and parks. aww it was so nice to talk Canadian again too. I think I have even been saying things in American lately too... yikes.

We were in Berlin for 're-unification' day which was awesome. Our last day there, and there was a fair, carnival type thing. I ate bratwurst and had a berliner pilsner (shared with Susan since I didn't like the pilsner very much)

Berlin was a very cool city. I loved going on this free tour all around eastern berlin and seeing the wall, the buildings (mostly all of which are rebuilt since the war - and to look ancient) It was very interesting and now I can't wait to go to Munich and see the history there as well.
We stopped in a Mcdonalds there (a piece of home where ever you go!) and that was like the only place they didn't understand me - thinking I wanted 3 mcroyal meals.... umm not. Finally I got the word through and ate my meal - and then felt sick after.

Back to Dresden... Yesterday was our lazy day/ sleep/ slug day. It was very good. Afternoon we went shopping - I found the equilivant to side-kicks - and made pasta for dinner - found some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and made susan try it with some toast - aww it was delicious. I also had some tomato on the side - which Susan hates so more for me!

Cheese out here is great - I love gouda and we get it cheap.

um I may post some later but for now, I think I will have to get going.

OOh and here is a random fact I found heard:
neo-nazi people wear combat boots with white laces. *I never saw any just so you know*

Anyways, I am safe, happy, excited, and hungry. bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool!!!
I loved skyping with you by the way. You made my day!
I love you so much!
mum

Miranda said...

good tips to know. I am jealous that you get the awesome cheese