Ancient Rome!!

ROME IS AWESOME!
I know I am a super geek, and here is a teeney inside joke video for the family.
Lately I've been taking a lot more video since I have been convinced by mum that she loves it. haha makes me laugh just thinking of it. So here is me being the uber geek I truly am.




We have spent the past 3 days in Rome, I've been loving most of it. Aside from the place we are staying... It was supposed to be a lovely cheap BnB but ended up beeing some manky hostel. Can't use the kitchen, no towels, there are some bed bugs, two bathrooms for 16+ people... no hot water last night so I was wide awake right after my frigid cold shower that's for sure. The dude at reception is a creeper so I stay away, it seems like someone just took a few rooms from an apartment building and shoved like 8 bunk beds in there. Oh ya, we are sharing a room with 10 people... I mean I am used to it to a point (minus the bed bugs and the cold showers) but my expectations from the website to being here were shattered. I came in and was like what the heck?! ah well, it's getting better because we have one day left here. oh and it is sooo not clean. It freaked me out how nasty it was when we got in, and I saw the bathroom...

what I thought it would be: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/italy/rome/37615/
vs.
Reality:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, ick.
I hope you didn't stay too long.
By the way, I miss your giggle.
mumma

Miranda said...

nice hostel. I personally think they were going for a "distressed" look with the dirty walls.
I laughed SO HARD when I saw your ancient Rome video. It was PERFECT!