Learn something new every day

I learned how to gut/skin a bird (a big one like a chicken not a budgie I don't think...) In theory, I definitely didn't do that one.

Yesterday I went thrift store shopping with mum and dad. I seem to always find the shiny and bright coloured things. I make a game of finding the freakiest things and making mum laugh.
Oh and we were looking for jean shorts for dad and I saw a pair of white underwear with a brown stain on the backside.... sick sick sick. I hope at least they were less than a quarter.

I was also scarred badly yesterday. As we were driving I saw this old woman in a tube top. She had white hair in a little grandma style haircut, and was.. uh .. very voluptuous... oooo things I never want to remember. And I am soooo very happy I didn't take a second look. Though I think I was too shocked to look back anyways.

Yesterday we also had some company over, my Uncle Norm came over and so did my grandma and we had a nice bbq.

Getting back to the title of this post, I learned lots of stuff yesterday from my uncle. I talked to my uncle about his guns and hunting, and I think he has very good aim - to be able to nail the head of a grouse (at least I think it was a grouse) when hunting is pretty gross but impressive at the same time.
I wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell to aim that well.
Then he went on to explain how to skin it - it goes like this - you step on its wings and pull at its feet. Supposedly all the guts come out and off comes the skin. Viola! No plucking feathers out or any of that slicing etc.
It was actually quite an interesting afternoon :) learned lots of random bits of information. Overall I quite enjoyed it - I like learning new things even if it is kinds gross.

3 comments:

Emily Dorchak said...

lo, okay, that jsut made me not hungry! hehe. but the grandmaw thing? LOL! i wish old people would litteraly grow up! act (and DRESS0 thier age! i hate it when u see 8- year old women shopping in the juniors section. it totaly turns me off of buying any of those clothes then, lol. the shopping for freaky things, u go girl! i love doing that too.

Miranda said...

sounds cool actually. I would hate to pluck feathers.

Meredith said...

Glad to hear that I am not the only one learning from my dad's wisdom... LOL