Aria in Wonderland

I get to go to Disneyland with the family this year!
To start, I should put a little perspective on this.

Our family has never done trips/vacations like this before. Sure, we have gone on trips to Alberta to visit the family and stopped in at West Edmonton Mall once... for an afternoon...
We have traveled down the Oregon Coast... In September/October... Not being able to go to beaches and swim, unless you are insane and want to catch hypothermia...
For my 19th Birthday we were on a week long trip up to Princeton and Carameas (to get canning fruit and tomatoes). We were with my Grandma, don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it was not the usual 19th birthday with friends etc.
(picture ^ from my 19th Birthday - some Italin restaurant in the middle of nowhere)

Come to think of it, I haven't had a birthday at home in a looong time. Usually on the road because it is *camp break* and last year I was even on the road in Aus. Though I definitely can't complain about that one. I don't know anyone else that has had their birthday on the Gold Coast of Australia and by a beach called Surfer's Paradise.
Surfer's Paradise


Okay, so getting back to my point, well points.

1. I have the oddest birthdays, some in places very few people have heard of. Not the party type of birthdays. Last 'party' I had was a surprise by my friend Colleen in her backyard, oh I think I turned 16 then. This year, my 21st Birthday will be spent in the USA (monumental birthday year there, not so much here in BC) on the road coming from Disneyland.

2. This is very extraordinary of my family to be able to go - mid-summer - on vacation to somewhere hot! :D AND I AM SO EXCITED TO GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes those family vacations are memory makers which not to many families do make together because of what others think. But hey make the most of it Aria for you will cherish those moments for a long time. Have fun in the sun .
Shalom Phillip

Miranda said...

I am sad. I wanna do Disneyland, tony doest want to go there for a honeymoon lol.