Yay for Darjeeling!

Well we are in Darjeeling India now, and will be (and around this neck of the woods) for the next 5ish weeks.
We live at the top of the hill/mountain. That means to get anywhere we walk downhill, to get home it's alllll up hill. This is by no means a small hill. It is big. steep. hard to get up with a massive pack. Harsh would be one word to describe my frist trip up hill -- the one time we carry our entire pack to the palce we are staying. Sick -- the word I would to describe how I was at the time
Tired - another word describing our entire team
Cold - we got from 40 degree heat to 15 degree chills + rain.
so all in all first time up the hill = brutal

ah well it's not so bad now. I quite like it now. Lots of excercise. We go up this hill (like an incline 50-70 degrees at most points) every day twice a day I think.
The locals laugh at the top I think because we are usually huffing and puffing (well 3/4 are) But hey, I am getting more in shape and getting less huffy-puffy each time :)
so it's all good :)

Rain -- it is monsoon season. sick. when it does clear up though it is beautiful. we have a view out our back windows of the 3rd tallest mt. in the world, and if we get up tiger mountain when its clear we will be able to see everest. Wow :D

Squatty - Yep I used a squatty hahaha = hole in the ground with foot holds on either side. haha I think I would rather use a squatty sometimes than a tiolet in some of the places I have seen.

Damp = this word describes all of our belongings. I don't think that they will ever dry completely until we leave. Our bedding is always damp, clothes = damp, towels = damp, shoes, purse/bag, Everything is damp.
I entered our room and was like holy crap! I could barely breathe (I think I am allergic to some mold...) and ya everything is damp so possibly mouldy, and cold!
oh well I am getting used to it now. But still every time I enter our room my nose goes "ooook oh here we go again!" haha

ok well that I think will be all for now because I have to run.
Let me know whats up :)
I now have facebook too!
Mom emailed me and said I have 56 days until I am home. So 56 days guys!
Talk to you later :)
Aria

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aria all that excerise is good for not only the heart but those spiritual muscles are getting a good work out also. So hang in there for the time wil pass by so quickly with so much experience then you would thought of. We are praying for you as you take these steps of obedience. Shalom my friend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

You are going to be so skinny by the time you get back that we'll have to cinch up that bridesmaid dress. Oh well, thats why they have alterations. The mountains that you get to see reminded me of Psalm 121. Read that one today if you can.
Love momma

Miranda said...

i hate the feeling of damp everything all the time. you shall be super skinny by august lol. Mik got her dress in today. when she gets home, i bet she wont take it off until bedtime :D

Jennifer said...

I hike up a hill 3 times a week pushing the 40 lb boy in the stroller...I like it. It winds up around 360 degrees twice so there is an amazing view of town and all...would love to take you up it...you can push R for me...hehehe!... without him I can march/sail up the hill in no time!
Love and prayers.