Road Trip to Edmonton!!!

Well I just got back today from a 5 day road trip with two really good friends of mine. We went to Edmonton to go to the mall and see all about it -- it was awesome.
We also camped the 4 nights in this campground area and that wasn't too bad. We actually live to tell about it now.

One night there was a thunder storm that lasted a good 3 hours, and it surrounded us completely (oh ya and it struck about every 10-15 seconds). So I stayed up until about 1:30 am and then descided to go to sleep and as soon as I did so there was this huge lightening that hit somewhere in the campground. So needless to say my friends and I were up really really fast and we did feel the ground shake. Now that is one night I don't think I'll forget for a very long time.

The next night, we heard some yelling way after midnight and someone was saying fire, so I am awake and kinda creeped out because fire in tents or trailers is nasty, but no it wasn't in a tent or trailer it was by the oil well that was a short distance away... YIKES! So 2 big firtrucks come in and check it out. I didn't hear much about it the next morning though so I don't know what happened.

Here's a couple random points:
--- Edmonton is screwed up the way they set up the city
--- The SUV we took had good mileage haha
--- Bring a really large tarp camping - it makes things so nice and dry!
--- Digital cameras can capture lightening pretty well
--- I have yet to post pictures :P

Camping is pretty interesting in thunder storms.... hey camping is pretty interesting everywhere.
That was one awesome road trip if I do say so myself. And I only said those couple stories

Well I am off for now.

No comments: