York!

Well, we arrived in York England today. It's so good to be with two great friends again. We took the bus up to York from London which took quite a while - around 6 hours I guess. Lots of music time, lots of sitting, but it wasn't half bad.
Going past the country side we saw lots of steeples (yes I know I can't spell worth a hoot) and many many brick buildings.
Tomorrow we are going to check out York while Shane is at work. The cathadreal here is amazing - tomorrow we will see it - as well as some dungeons and a castle wall still surrounding most of York.
Today we went to this restaurant called ASK and it's a franchise - quite cheap from what we've seen - but the place it was in... WOW.. it had marble pillars in the main room - seemed like an old fashioned city hall or to me even a ball room type look - chandaleres and everything. The prices were like 10 dollars (5-7 quid a plate too)
Yesterday we were in London and we went to Pizza hut with some people from the hostel - 4 french guys Susan and myself. It was very interesting, had a very very interesting discussion about faith with two of them after dinner. My oh my did we eat late though - I am going to have to get used to it when we get there.

Anyways, I need sleep now and to brush my teeth. I will try and post tomorrow but who knows.
Later :)

1 comment:

heidi said...

i've been to york a few times....LOVED the york minster. and the wall is so fun to walk around on. have a blast there, i miss the uk like it was my home!