I'm Alive in Belgium

Right now is our last day in Belgium - we have spent around 2 days here so far, and so far it's pretty good. Brussels is an interesting city. There are not many people in the hostel that speak english - but we did meet an Irish guy and another from Vancouver yesterday. Yay english! haha. I think that people in even a mcdonalds would have to be bi-linguial. A shop keeper yesterday told us that he speaks 8 languages. I can't even imagine to comprehend that much.
Two days ago I had a belgian waffle with chocolate sauce on it.... that I think will be my lunch today as well haha. I love it.
They have a beer over here that I had a sip of and it was made with water from a river that flows underground. They covered up the river in the 19th century because it was a sewer system... It has a sour taste because of the "good" bacteria in the water. Kinda freaks me out but I had to taste it because it was once in a lifetime chance.. not very good stuff though if you ask me. It's also called Geuze... hahaha sick.

Today we are going to puts around and I am going to try and bring back some chocolate, and grab a post card.
Tomorrow morning we head out to Holland to visit with Jedi - we will be there around 4 days (including the travel ones). We arrive in Den Haag in the early afternoon and I can't wait.

The closer we get to France the more people tell me it's nasty... I am a tad worried. So I think we will stick ONLY to the tourist attractions because otherwise it gets dodgy.

No pictures from these last couple days - the net cafe here doesn't let you plug in anything into a computer. That sucks.
It's getting harder to post and keep in contact.. susans's compy is crap in my opinion but don't tell her that.

Anyways, I need to be going now, time to check an email and run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, be careful of that "good" bacteria in foreign countries,o.k.
The chocolate part sounds wonderful though!
Have fun with Jedi!
Love mum

Miranda said...

mmmm chocolate breakfast! I hope Holland is fun and hopefully France isn't bad.