San Francisco!

Today we went to San Francisco and it was really cold - it's July in California - 19 degrees without the wind blowing colder.
well we went shopping for a while - lots of little shops along the piers. I went into this one with lots of bags/purses. I went in just looking around, and then heading to the back of the shop this Asian woman says ' oh come here come here...' and opens the door to a back room and says ' we have lots more back here! take a look!!!'.
So I went in and looked around and lo and behold - a room full of knock offs. Everything from Coco Chanel to Louis Vitton. There were no knock offs in the front of the shop but in the back room! woo hoo!! Knock off kingdom! haha I got such a kick out of it.
It is quite illegal to sell knock offs right? aw it made me laugh so hard when I left the shop.

Today I also had a 'bubba birthday'.
We went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. today for a late lunch/dinner and it was great. I had a bit of lobster for the first time ever, some shrimps, some Cajun fish. It was called 'Boat Trash' and it was served in a bucket. haha it was great.
When we finished eating a whole group came around and started singing/yelling happy birthday- more like a cheerleading song thing - like someone yelling and the others repeating... haha made me laugh so hard. They were going to make me stand up on the chair but I said heck no.
lots of people clapped when they announced it was my 21st birthday. there were at least 5 others who had birthdays here too, but hahaha I got the most applause. go me.

To cons to today though - I had a rough sleep last night with hearing snores by some un-named people, and I realized this morning that the shirt I was saving to wear on my birthday is missing - and I think it might be at the last hotel we were at... so I most likely will never see it agian. :"(
I only wore it once too! Makes me so sad.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

thats sad about the tshirt. Yes knock offs arent really legal...they are illegal if you have them in france, just owning one. You should have gotten one, like a Louis Vitton or a Coco Channel ... lol with them spelled just like that.

heidi said...

glad you guys had such a great trip!