Airlie Beach (the last week until now)



ya I am too tired to figure out where to move pictures to so here they are clumped. Top are random ones from Airlie Beach, bottom ones from the reef trip

So this week has been a doozey. A 16 hour bus ride, loads of chai, snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, another 16 hour bus ride, and I am heading to Singapore on the 28th, India the day after. Wow.

Well the bus ride was alright, long but alright. We stopped at this free zoo and botanical gardens on the way and yay! I have now been to a zoo. There were chimpanzees, koalas, iguanas, a huge bird thing (and there was this bird that looked like a very ugly duck haha) and ya, it was pretty cool. The koalas are so cute!

I know a couple people that are koala haters here, they consider the pointless animals that are stoned all their lives, and just sitting and eating and getting stoned 24/7. I still think that they are cute :)

Yep, so lots of sleeping, some pizza eating, and ya. Oh and I saw camels in a circus place on the road. Pretty weird but cool.

The Chai Tent is our outreach thing and it’s cool. We set up this tent right by the beach, it’s a chill place basically. So music goes, we play sports, and give free chai away in the evenings. We stay there till after midnight every day and I am so tired already and hoping I will be well rested before we head out over seas.

There are coconuts all around us here and they are so much fun to husk, crack open, drink and eat. Hard work and I did one all by myself! And mom and Miranda I actually ate it too!!!! I am so proud of myself hahaha.

Yep, so It’s pretty good so far, I am going to go now and finish this later.


So later on.....
I went to the Great Barrier Reef and snorkeled – it was amazing. I have never seen anything that amazing in my life. It was just a little bit of God’s creation. It was so intricate, so beautiful, so awe inspiring. There were so many different colours and fish. WOW the fish were neon colours, vibrant polka dots, striped, fuscha pink, flashing different colours, it was just like the movies. The coral was all different types, all different colours and all different sizes – from tiny to massive amounts. The water was a beautiful crystal turquoise. Anemones swaying with the waves, didn’t see any sea weed either, just coral and anemones. It was so beautiful I can’t compare it with words. It was just like out of Finding Nemo – the edge of the reef was there, the colours of all the corals, types, all the different schools of fish – medium and small, I even saw Nemo!!

I EVEN SAW A SHARK!!!! But that wasn’t when we were snorkeling. We saw a tiger shark taking down a sea turtle. Wow! I got a bit of video which was cool. I saw one of the top 10 beaches in the world, it was breathtaking. It seemed like miles of pure white sand and clear clear water.

Ok well those I wrote a while ago, here is one from now :)
Tomorrow I leave Australia and head to Singapore. A day there, and then we go to Calcutta India ! ! ! ! ! ! ! WOW! A week there, and we head up to Darjeeling (right close to the Himalayan mountains) I am crazily excited and it seems unreal.






Thank you guys for reading! I will try to post in India, but I have to figure out stuff so it might be a little while. If you need to know stuff, look at Miranda's blog perhaps or ask my mom :) lol
Later guys!
oh and I didn't reall read it after I wrote it so yep, sorry if it's random and screwy haha.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I saw the pic of you and a coconut, and I figured you just helped someone open it up.
So did you like the taste of it? Fresh ones are different than the sugar coated bits used in baking.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! You are the official "well travelled" one of the family. I am very proud of you Aria. Consider yourself hugged and kissed. I will be praying for you every single day.
Love mom

Jennifer said...

Can you believe that I checked on you today and it read travel on the 28th and I was like ! that's today!
Oh praying I will be for you often.