Beaches Waves and Sunburns!!!

I went to Mooloolaba Beach today. It was FANTASTIC! I went boogie boarding? and playing in the waves.
I was just playing around and this one wave was so massive that it flipped me over a couple times, dragged my head on the sea floor, and then pushed me on the beach. I think I did a few sumer saults. I'm fine of course, but I have never gotten that much sand in my hair before, and it was pretty scary. I also got some scrapes on my knees from being smushed on the shore ah well, that will heal.

Here's the best part now: I need some sun-burn remedies???????? Please??! I have never been this burnt in my life. I did use sun screen a few times, and we were only out there for a few hours, but still I am stinging and sitting on the edge of the seat right now because the backs of my legs are burnt.
I burnt my:
face
chest
shoulders
feet
back
LEGS -- they are the worst I think --- both sides too so it is going to be a fun time sleeping tonight :S

Oi any tips people besides putting on mass loads of sun screen next time?? I sure did learn my lesson by the way.... re-aply sunscreen every hour min. :S

Ouch.

well at least it was fun and I got some italian ice cream which was fabulous -- forest berry mmmmmmm on a waffle cone

well I will definately add pics later

but now I am going to get ready for church (I'm going to the Vineyard tonight) and supper

Later guys :)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aloe vera....aka green slime.
Gosh do I EVER want to be on a beach asap!

Happy healing.

Miranda said...

Do the green slime, and use a fan while putting it on, it cools so fast and feels nice.
Oh my goodness I wanna be in those waves they sound so cool and fun (but a little creepy).
Me and Tony went to a marriage course, and it was fantastic! we both got lots of info from it! Anyways, mom will be so excited you are going to a vineyard church!

Anonymous said...

Oh child.
You need more clothes on.
T-shirts! Wear them.

Did you know that your UV index was 10 that day?

I check these things. I am a mother.
Love momma

Miranda said...

HAHHAAHAA you are so busted for getting burned! poor red aria. Take a pic of youself with the burns.

Meredith said...

I'm with your mom on this one, wear more clothes. A light shirt just to cover your shoulders and chest. ALOE for fixing it. As for when to put on the screen. obviously more often than you thought.

Anonymous said...

You dont need a night light Aria..turn off the light and you glow red. My advice is go to the phone pick it up while you are still glowing and say ET wants to go home. ET! ET! ha ha ha! Yeah aloe vera, crisco, palm butter, butter itself. Lather in genrous portions. ET! ET!

Anonymous said...

ahh poor burnt aria if only u were here all you would get burnt from is too much rain. i cant belive how much it has rained here in the last few days. me and matthew went for a drive in matsqui today and everything is flooded. i am so thankfull that you are not going to iraq everyone was freaking out when i said that. goodness lol. i love the pix and i wanna come to the beach with you. it looks so amazing. re-apply the sunscreen every 30 mins and dont forget your nose and ears! and like everyone said and cover up! :)- katie